Holy crap. It’s been ten months since the last Shenanigans Report. How in the world is that even possible?
Let’s start this one out all sponsorship style. We’re making t-shirts, and you should get some…especially with the holidays coming up. Here’s how:
1. Go to the ordering page. It’s up there in the navigation, or found here if you want to click. The t-shirt is a slim-fit tri-blend that is super soft. American Apparel, indigo blue in color.
2. Pay right away. We’re not ordering extra ones for sale at the races – only available online.
3. Deadline is November 29th. They will be done and in your hands around before year’s end.
So, what are you waiting for?
Special thanks to our artist, Flyin Ryan Coover. He did a great job and working with us wasn’t super easy. Can you tell who the models are in the shirt?
Man, our Texas Cup races are still WIDE open. Competitions are heating up, but there are interesting races in every category:
- 40+ – Bergeron has a sizable lead, but Trek Collective racer Virr can make tracks over the remaining races. Kerby and Martinez are always in the top finishers, too.
- 50+ – This one is tight. Jordan and Machado are back and forth with one another and it shows in the overalls. Losawyer is right there, too. Perennial fast guy Smith can be found up top.
- 60+ – Thibodeau has a sizable lead. In second place is our current 70+ National Champ, Schmid.
- SS – Yeah, Man! Chaos reigns, by a lot. Trevelise and Roman round out the top three.
- 3s – Spence is killing it and making us thirsty with every lap. Cross and Hauber became Cat 2s, so rounding the top three is Ishihara and Fleming.
- Elite Women – Black has a sizable lead on Hartman. National Track Champion Moore is in third.
- Elite Men – Fish and Uhl seem to win most races they enter, but it’s the traveling man who’s up on the competition. Nice to see Beres at the top and Mosely and Rothe in there, too.
- 4s – Gay was crushing it and asked for an upgrade, now he’s crushing the 3s. Martin and Chou are keeping it in check with Jernejcic.
- Women 4s – The Spence family must be pretty quick. Here, in third with Landers in first and Hardeman in second. Tight race!
- U19 Boys – Schneider, Sofjan and Porterfield.
- U19 Girls – Moak. Just her.
- U15 Boys – Pemberton, Anderson and Pressler.
- U15 Girls – McCall, Pizzo and Tate.
- U10 Boys –Batson, Harshaw and Trainor.
- U10 Girls – Harshaw, Dowdy and Levy.
Story of the year is definitely rain. If you’re like me you listened to Mack McKinney last year when he said “file tread works great for everything in TX”. He’s usually right.
“Hey Fatty”. Yeah, not so much. Cross is meant to be fun and challenging but also respectful of others. Encouraging. There’s a right way to heckle, and a wrong way. And then there’s the old, tired way: “You’re getting beat by a girl.” Still through it all we should be having fun. I love this piece in CX Magazine by Danny Curtin. Remember friends, be nice – there’s kids around.
This video. One word – rad.
What do you do on Monday? Active recovery is the key.
We’ve seen some really great courses so far this year. Even those that were not overtly awesome benefitted from weather shifts to make them interesting. What if we all rode courses like this gem in Zonhoven? Man that would be killa.
Sean Ahmadi introduces Austin to cross via this post. (Cool to see fan favorite, Jim Hicks, in a fun vantage point).
Will cyclocross ever be a winter olympics sport? Me thinks not.
RedBull has an amzingly cool BMX and street art event coming to Houston. Check out Urban Rhythm.
Are you shopping after Thanksgiving? Or racing your bike and trying to shed some of those calories you took in? The Racing Post just put a new event on the calendar, Black Friday Cross. Looks cool.
If you’re headed to nationals this year, be sure to follow the Boulder crew on Facebook.
While you’re there, look us up, too. Very close to 500 likes.
Last, thanks to Tim Spence for the new background image, “Wrong Way Curtin”. He lost a chain but still ran the course, apparently the opposite way at times.
Hup! Hup! T-shirt!